The Lion Capital Ruck
The Lion Capital Ruck is based on GORUCK’s Star Course and is hosted by F3Toledo as a CSAUP and a fundraiser for one of its Pax, Jimmy Dean. Jimmy Dean and his M are looking to adopt a daughter from India and are in the fundraising part of their adoption journey.
The Lion Capital of Ashoka is the state emblem of India and is represented by 4 Asiatic lions with their backs to each other. Like F3 brothers watch out for each other, so too do these lions. Whenever used by any government body in India, the words “Truth alone triumphs” must be placed right under the emblem.
This special event is open to all F3 regions who would like to participate.
As part of every F3Toledo monthly rucks, there are 1st, 2nd and 3rd F components to it. We will ruck, we will have the opportunity for fellowship afterwards (beverages, college football, fun) and we will be able to live 3rd through donating towards Jimmy Dean’s adoption.
Here are the details for the 13 mile ruck:
- The event starts at 6am (yes, AM) sharp on Saturday, October 23rd, 2021. Be there 10-15 minutes early.
- Starting location is by the Echo artistic sculpture in Promenade Park in downtown Toledo. The address is 224 Water St. Toledo, OH 43604.
- Parking can be found along several side streets within a block or two of the park.
- The event has a hard stop at 11am and will cover roughly 13 miles.
- At each wayward point (including the start and endex) each team will take a selfie and post it on Twitter and tag @F3Toledo with #LionCapital.
- 20lb ruck plates if over 150lbs, 10lb if under.
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Headlamp (+ extra set of batteries)
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Water (with bladder or bottle)
- Nalgene bottle
- One extra pair of socks
- Waterproof bag
Teams of 2-5 can be formed before or at the beginning of the event. The group can decide if it wants to remain as one big group or split up.
At 6am, Jimmy Dean will pass out sheets of paper with all the wayward points, as well as where to take the pictures at each location. Each team will then determine their own route and begin.
This event will be a great test of mental, as well as physical, toughness as the long miles will wear on us.
Sign-up here as an individual or one person can register his whole team: https://bit.ly/3kFy5pA
For 2nd F after we close down the event, teams are free to leave and head home or choose one of several dining places to grab some grub and watch college football.
For 3rd F, there are two ways HIM can donate towards Jimmy Dean’s adoption:
- Donate directly. There is a matching grant for $5000!
- Purchase a t-shirt where part of the proceeds will go towards adoption funds: