http://f3toledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20170821_093813.jpg 2268 4032 Matt Yarder http://f3toledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/F3Logo-White.png Matt Yarder2017-08-30 16:24:402018-11-16 20:05:42Woodland Park (The Fortress)
Woodland Park (The Fortress)
Date(s) - 06/02/2018
6:30 am - 7:30 am
boot camp, Perrysburg
Boot camp style workout. At Woodland Park. Two large Playgrounds, Frisbee Golf Course, 1 Mile Dirt Track, HUGE Field. Plenty of space here to craft a diabolical smokefest for even the strongest PAX.
Entrance is off East Boundary. Kip Boulis Drive.
SATURDAYS always followed up with 2nd F (fellowship) at Lamplight Cafe and Bakery located at 121 W. Indiana ave. Great opportunity to get to know members of F3Toledo and refuel from the workout.
PAX – Raven, Woodstock, Jennay, TuPac, Bourbon (Q)
Started with quick stretch and waiting for Woodstock to roll in after being caught by a train. YHC explained the simple out and back route. Ran from The Fortress (Woodland Park) down Indiana cut to Hood Park through downtown Perrysburg, then continued next to the Muddy Maumee to run over the Maumee/Perrysburg bridge and back the same way.
Total of about 5 miles with a few extra laps in the parking lot to get to 5.
06/02/2018 – F3 Poker Challenge:
Time: 6:30 – 7:30 AM
Location: The Fortress – Woodland Park
PAX: Flo, TuPac, Revere, Spotlight, Tots, Venom, Hazmat, Bambi, Buttermaker, Woodstock, Raven, Casper, Huffy, Jennay, Axle, Boo Boo, Chris “Cheese” Wedge (FNG, EH’d by Bourbon and Woodstock), Bourbon (Q)
You can read the details below, but I have to throw in a few words here before you read about the beatdown. This was a special beatdown for me to lead. This was a throwback to my VQ back in late September 2017. Little did YHC know how much F3 would change my life after that first month of exposure to these HIM. It is an honor to lead these HIM in the gloom each and every opportunity I get.
In comparison to that first VQ, our PAX got through almost twice as many cards in the deck. Two puked back in September; no PAX gave up or stopped today. As I reflect on this morning, it is obvious that we have grown so much stronger physically AND mentally. Not only have the PAX that have been involved with the Miracle for quite some time, but it even rubs off on those that are new or even FNGs during the beatdowns. Not one newer PAX or FNG gave up or surrendered to the pain in the gloom this morning. Again – always honored and humbled to lead the PAX of F3 Toledo.
F3 Mission: Fitness, Fellowship, Faith; To plant, serve and grow men’s small workout groups, in order to reinvigorate male community leadership
Principles of F3:
• It must be free of charge
• It must be open to all men
• It must be held outdoor, rain or shine, hot or cold
• It must be peer led in a rotating fashion by men who participate in the workout, with no training or certification necessary
• It must end with a Circle of Trust (COT)
• Supplies: 5 decks of cards; 8 cones; timer/stop watch
• Count-O-Rama, then count off 1-5 and repeat. Teams were formed from the like numbers
• Distribute a deck of cards to each team
• Each team flips a card and has to do corresponding exercise and reps. Cannot choose to skip exercise. Try to build best poker hand possible.
• Entire team works on exercise and reps together but works to complete the same corresponding reps individually
• Once half the team finishes the exercise, the entire team stops and moves on to the next card
• 20 minutes of poker
• 10 minutes of core
• 16 minutes of poker
• Best hand – 5 minutes
• Ace – 15 burpees
• King – 14 burpees
• Queen -13 burpees
• Jack – 12 burpees
• Spades – jump squats
• Clubs – mountain climbers
• Diamonds – hand release push ups
• Hearts – sprints
• Core –
o 60 crunches
o 50 Russian twist
o 40 scissor kicks
o 30 leg levers
o 2 minute plank
Count-O-Rama, Name-O-Rama, Learn about the 6th (Venom), Ball of Man