September Ruck Event Preblast
The September Ruck Event will be a good ole fashion game of capture the flag. – See the backblast for this event
READ THE RULES HERE
Capture the Flag Ruck (Full credit to our brothers in Louisville for this idea)
From a center point (Inside the Five), each team will be assigned a slice of the pie. Within that slice, you must place your flag. Teams will be generated in early September. All HCs welcome and will be added.
Each Team will nominate a Captain, who will receive a flag with your team number.
- Your flag cannot be planted until the night of the event, which is where you must start.
- Your flag must be in a public area.
- It must be planted in the ground.
- It cannot be covered, hidden or disguised.
- It must remain in the original condition as when you received it.
- Your flag cannot be placed somewhere where it is likely to be removed or that will put other Pax in serious danger.
It is recommended that you scout your location prior to the Ruck to maximize your time rucking.
Each Pax participating will receive a paper map of the Ruck Area (non-satellite) from their Captain. No Pax may use a phone, GPS watch, or other device to map or otherwise track locations.
At exactly 7:30 pm, the Team Captain will take a picture of their paper map with the exact location of their Flag marked with an X. This picture must be clear and the X must indicate, as close as possible, where the flag is located. The X cannot be so large that it does not show where the flag is located. The picture will then be sent via text to all other Team Captains, along with the Team Number associated with the map image.
At this point, the game is on.
The Objective: ruck to as many flags as possible, taking a clear picture of the flag showing the Team Number and at least one Team member and your team weight. The team that returns to Inside the Five by 10:30 pm with the most pictures of flags wins. Losers buy beers. Any team that fails to return by 10:30 pm is disqualified. Each team must have a 30lb team weight at all times in addition to Rucks loaded with minimum weight of 20lbs if less than 150lbs or 30lbs if more than 150lbs and full water bladder.
See additional details and rules below. This will be a great chance for some solid 1F and 2F.
10 Teams; 30+ Pax. Here is your (maybe) Final update/packing list:
- Each team must have a sharpie to mark their map (or a marker capable of marking a laminated map), so they can clearly mark the map and text the image at 7:30 pm.
- Teams must stay together at all times.
- “Captured flag” images must show the flag, team number, team weight and at least one member of the Team. Team Captains must take the photo. This is the only time Teams or Team Members may use a phone (also no gps watches or other crap. Don’t be that guy).*
- Chem light (which will be provided to you with your flag) must be attached to the top of the flag and activated before leaving the flag. Team number must be placed over the rounded top of the flag to ensure it does not come off. Flags cannot be altered, hidden, obscured, or changed from the condition in which they’re provided. Trinity has flags for Captains and will coordinate delivery with Team Captains.
- Each team must have a 30lb team weight (kettlebell, plate, sandbag, mannequin, etc.), plus individual rucks with 30lb plate/equivalent if over 150lb and 20lbs if less than150lb. Each Pax must have a full water bladder or equivalent water source and nutrition. All rucks must have reflectors, wear reflective clothing and headlamps should be worn and on at all times when on the road. Pack anything else you want.
- Team must return to Inside the Five by 10:30 pm or you’re disqualified.
- Do NOT cut through private property. Stay on sidewalks and roads. Use common sense and judgment.
- Place the flag in public area where it is unlikely to be removed and where it is unlikely to any way endanger Pax.
- The Team with the most Captured Flag images wins and losers buy beers.
- Meet at your flag location prior to 7:30 pm, so we can start at 7:30 pm sharp. Consider carpooling or ride sharing to avoid leaving your car.
- Everyone should bring a piece of paper, packed inside of their ruck with the following details:
Emergency contact name and number:
*In the event of emergency, please use your phone. If you run into any trouble, the Captains have a text string with all other Captain’s phone numbers for easy contact.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!