http://f3toledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20170801_062819.jpg 2268 4032 Matt Yarder http://f3toledo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/F3Logo-White.png Matt Yarder2017-08-30 16:16:332018-11-16 19:46:30Fort Meigs Ruck (The Necropolis)
Fort Meigs Ruck (The Necropolis)
Date(s) - 12/19/2017
5:30 am - 6:30 am
Buttermaker & Flo
What the ruck is a ruck? A hike with a weighted backpack (approx 30 lbs) while stopping along the brisk walk to do some invigorating exercise. Excellent 1st F (fitness) and 2nd F (fellowship). If an FNG (Friendly New Guy) is a bit timid to post for a workout the ruck is a great intro to the pax.
Yankee Swap Holiday Ruck
Time: 5:30 – 6:30
AO Location: The Necropolis – Ft. Meigs
15 PAX, 12 Coupons, 3.3 miles
PAX: Moana, Tupac, Zig Zag, Stark, Cobra, Bambi, Flo, Shakira, Casper, Buttermaker, Bourbon, Yeti, Woodstock, Venom, Monopoly.
F3 Mission: Fitness, Fellowship, Faith; To plant, serve and grow men’s small workout groups, in order to reinvigorate male community leadership .
Principles of F3: • It must be free of charge • It must be open to all men • It must be held outdoor, rain or shine, hot or cold • It must be peer led in a rotating fashion by men who participate in the workout, with no training or certification necessary • It must end with a Circle of Trust (COT)
This was not a gift exchange!
1. Each PAX brought a coupon or had one provided for them.
2. Two coupons (heaviest (one short so no heavy) and lightest(Woodstock had a beast of a 5 pound weight)) were left at the AO so we always had two PAX without coupons.
3. No welcome party this week.
4. We started with with a Count-o-Rama (15) gathered our coupons and headed out. One person without a coupon took the flag and set a quick pace making sure not to create too much separation. The other person took up the back of the ruck line and counted to 60 while watching our 6.
5. Once the back of the ruck counter reached 60 he stole a coupon of choice and sent the lucky coupon free Rucker to the front (quickly) to take the flag and set pace.
6. The old flag bearer then stole a coupon and sent the lucky coupon free Rucker to the back of the ruck line to watch our 6, count to 60 and follow step 5 above.
7. Repeato of steps 5 and 6 for 50 minutes.
8. Along the way we did 66 air presses, ran up the hill from the pumping station to front street and jogged past the cemetery on the way back to the AO.
Ended with count-o-Rama, name-o-Rama and circle of trust. Prayer intentions were offered for: Everything in general, Good F3 Numbers, Sick children at the hospital, Safe holiday travels, No sick kids over the holidays and for those Fartsacking or looking for something more in their life.