We saw a flurry of GORUCK event sign-ups at the end of 2018 and a few more early in 2019. For those who are going to do a Star Course later this year and those who want to give a free one a go, consider the Mock Star Course in the Burg.
All F3 Toledo PAX are invited to this event. Here are the details:
- The event starts at 9pm sharp on Saturday, March 9th, 2019.
- Be there 10-15 minutes early.
- Starting location is in front of Bar Louie in Levis Commons.
- Park in the lot by the Hilton in the furthest spots from the hotel so we don’t disrupt the business.
- The event will go no longer than 7am Sunday morning and cover no less than 15 miles overnight.
- At each wayward point (including the start and endex) each team will take a selfie and post it on MumbleChatter in GroupMe.
- 20lb ruck plates if over 150lbs, 10lb if under.
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Headlamp (+ extra set of batteries)
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Water (with bladder or bottle)
- Nalgene bottle
- One extra pair of socks
- Waterproof bag
Teams of 2-5 can be formed before or at the beginning of the event. The group can decide if it wants to remain as one big group or split up.
At 9pm, Jimmy Dean will pass out sheets of paper with all the wayward points, as well as where to take the pictures at each location. Each team will then determine their own route and begin.
The evening will be a great test of mental, as well as physical, toughness as the long miles will wear on us.
For our 3rd F, our quitter’s cash will be collected at the end and donated to Task Force 20, a non-profit that works with veterans who suffer from PTSD and depression. More info can be found on their website: https://tf20.org/